5 Tips For Buying Carpet Remnants
Are you looking for an inexpensive way to makeover a room in your home? Few things are more cost effective when changing the look of a room than new flooring, and all you need is a carpet remnant.
We keep hundreds of rolls of carpet in stock, and often times when customers purchase what they need we have “remnants” left over, which we make available to you at discounted prices. The size of the pieces won’t be large enough to cover all of the floors in your home, but certainly enough for a room or two. You could also use a remnant to cover stairs, as a hallway runner, or as a rug. Remnants can be found in most styles and colors, and the reduced prices will allow you to afford a better quality piece of flooring.
To help you find a carpet remnant you’ll love, here are some buying tips.
- Make sure you have the exact dimensions of the room, and look for a piece that is bigger than you need. An additional 6 inches in both length and width is usually best.
- If you have a room that is particularly long, patiently shop around and try to find a remnant with a longer width so that there doesn’t have to be a seam. Your carpet will look better and be easier to install.
- Invest in quality padding. The comfort and longevity of your new carpet will depend largely on the quality of the padding installed underneath. So, while you’re looking to cut costs by buying a remnant, consider splurging on a good piece of padding. You might even find discounted remnants of padding to fit your room as well.
- If you’re going to use a remnant as a rug, you’ll need to have the edges finished or bound to prevent them from fraying.
- Shopping for a remnant is about what’s available at any given time. That’s why it’s best to shop at a store with a wide selection and large inventory of carpet. The more carpet they install, the more remnants they will have.
The Carpet USA Inc. warehouse has one of the biggest selections of carpet in Vancouver, allowing us to offer the best deals on carpet remnants. We always have new end rolls and other unused pieces of high-quality flooring to choose from. So, stop by and see what we have in stock today, and get more carpet for less!